Facilities Management intends to provide a comprehensive and thorough program to enhance college buildings and grounds along with creating a safe and secure environment conducive to excellence of education in our community and those we serve.
The Facilities Management Department is one component of the Facilities Services Division. Facilities Management is a service department with the responsibility to provide infrastructure support to Central Piedmont Community College employees, students, and visitors:
- To ensure the learning environment is free from distraction that would adversely impact our students. This would include constant vigilance on issues such as indoor air quality, environmental controls, furnishings and fixtures, and facilities condition assessments.
- To ensure the operation, maintenance, and repair of all buildings utilized by CPCC as well as their mechanical and electrical support systems and related equipment.
- To provide discretionary services as requested by building occupants when resources are available.
- To provide alterations, renovations, and minor construction services on a requested basis.
- Facilities Management handles all repair and maintenance requests through a computerized work order system.