General Move Tips
- We only move employees; we do not move furniture unless we agreed to do so prior to scheduling your move
- This is a good opportunity to clean your files, catalogs, books, etc.
- Please do not pack everything and plan to clean up when you unpack
- Please clean up before packing
- Moving costs the college money and therefore it is a good idea not to move unwanted items
- Facilities Services will need one person (familiar with all the details of the move) from your area to help on the day of the move and to work with the movers
- Movers do not handle pictures, live plants, or any personal items
- Moving insurance covers $0.60 per pound only if the item damaged belongs to the College
- Personal items are not covered during the move
- If you have items that belong to you personally, please take them home before movers arrive at the job site
- If you have any items that need special attention or additional insurance, please let Facilities Services know
- Movers only handle items owned by CPCC
- Call Customer Service at 704.330.6000 with any other questions.