Criteria and Procedures
A bulk mailing consists of 200 or more pieces of mail or 50 pounds of domestic mail.All pieces must be identical in size and texture. They must be faced in the same direction and bundled according to zip code. Pieces are not forwardable or returnable without additional cost.
PLEASE ALLOW 48 HOURS PROCESSING TIME
If your department has a large mailing (domestic mail only - no international addresses) that qualifies as bulk mail, it can be processed under the CPCC Mailing Permit (Standard - Non-Profit) at the non-profit rate. If you are not sure if your mailing could utilize bulk mail or First Class presorted mail, please call Mail Services at Extension 6788 for help. Certain criteria must be met, and the following procedures should be followed:
- Only college material is to be mailed under permit. The permit is not to be shared, rented, delegated or lent to any other organization. Joint ventures or advertising for "for-profit" entities (e.g. travel agents, hotels, etc) is strictly prohibited.
- In order to determine if your department's mailing qualifies for bulk mailing, please send a sample to Mail Services indicating that you would like approval for this process.
- To qualify for the non-profit bulk rate, the "Non-Profit" indicia must be affixed to the upper right corner of each mailing piece. Mail Services @ Extension 6788 will provide your department with a stamp for that purpose.
- Because the mailing permit is under CPCC, the United States Postal Service (USPS) requires that the first line of the sender's address on each piece of mail should read "Central Piedmont Community College". In other words, if the first line on the return address of your mailing reads "Harris Campus", it will not qualify for the non-profit rate under the CPCC Bulk Mailing Permit.
- Mailing should be prepared, counted, zip code sorted, and bundled by your department, with all pieces facing the same way. A bundle is 10 or more pieces that meet the same sorting qualification below:
- If 10 or more pieces have the same first 3-digit zip code, they are bundled in rubber bands - 1 horizontal and 1 vertical.
- If there are more than one box of mail, pre-sorted by the same first 3 digit zip code, please label each box accordingly i.e. box 1 of 4, box 2 of 4 etc.
- Fill out Charge-Back Form with proper account numbers and BO number to include with bulk mailing.
- When bulk mailing is ready, please call Mail Services @ Extension 6788 so that they know they have a bulk mail pick up or bring your bulk mailing to the mail room at the Facilities Services Center, 1325 East 7th Street, 1st floor (FS110) between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.