Division 5 Metals
- All structural steel should be primed unless it is going to be covered with fireproofing.
- Exterior structural steel exposed to the elements should be hot dip galvanized.
Cold Formed Metal Framing
- Design framing systems to withstand design loads without deflections greater than the following:
- Exterior Load Bearing Wall framing: Horiz. Deflection of 1/600 of wall height
- Exterior Non Load Bearing Wall framing: Horiz. Deflection of 1/600 of wall height
- Roof Trusses: Vertical Deflection of 1/240 of the span
(part of the cold formed metal framing system)
- Provide a glass-mat gypsum sheathing board equal to “Dens-Glass Gold” by Georgia- Pacific Corp.
- Provide compatible Silicone Emulsion Sealant for the Glass-mat sheathing and Glass-Fiber Sheathing Tape.
- Fasteners should be cadmium or stainless steel screws.