CPCC students are now able to earn the following IHK‐endorsed certificates, making them more attractive to German companies in the Charlotte region.
What is the IHK?
The German Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
Who should be interested in IHK certification?
-Students who are pursuing an associate degree
-Workers who want additional, industry‐recognized credentials
-Companies that need a workforce with specialized technical skills
-German companies with an American presence
-American students interested in working for German companies
What certificates are available?
Industrial Specialist in CNC Technology
CNC (Computer Numerical Control) is the computer technology that tells machines how to cut metal. Students will be able to write computerized instructions and designs to program lathes and milling machines.
At the IHK-Karlesruhe BIZ, the Industrial Specialist in CNC Technology completes:
• Basic Level CNC Technology: This course focuses on the basics of CNC technology. Through hands-on exercises, students become familiar with creating simple programs for lathes and milling machines.
• Continuation CNC Technology: This course builds on the CNC technology knowledge and skills. Students receive instruction in contour routing and parameter programming for multi-axial turning and milling machines.
• User Level CNC Technology: This course deepens the knowledge of computer-aided programming systems, of CAD/CNC coupling and the Computer Integrated Machining (CIM) environment. Students generate CNC programs on their own graphical programming system and apply knowledge to multi-axial turning and milling machines.
At CPCC, these learning objectives are met through a series of specially chosen courses from the Associate's in Applied Science in Computer Integrated Machining Technology program.
Industrial Specialist in PLC Technology
PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) mechanisms are used in complex systems like assembly lines and amusement park rides.
At the IHK-Karlesruhe BIZ, the Industrial Specialist in PLC Technology completes:
• Basic Level PLC Technology: This course focuses on hands-on PLC basics, maintenance, program documentation and programming sequence controls, including basics of step sequence programming.
• Continuation Level PLC Technology: This course builds on the PLC knowledge and skills. Students receive instruction in structured programming, analog value processing, basic field bus systems and advanced programming features.
• User Level PLC Technology: This course broadens the existing knowledge through practical examples of planning and designing systems, including field bus systems.
At CPCC, these learning objectives are met through a series of specially chosen courses from the Associate's in Applied Science in Electrical Engineering Technology program.
Other programs are currently in development. Please check back for future updates!