To qualify for participation in Technical Career Ladders, students must:
1.Take the English reading test - 187R - at one of the Assessment Centers.
- Students who score appropriately can apply for a JumpStart Scholarship to pursue certificate programs.
- Students who are not ready for certificate courses can prepare for transition to JumpStart by taking Adult ESL, Civics, or other Transitions courses at CPCC. All of these preparation courses are free. See an Assessment and Referal Specialist or the JumpStart Advisor for more details.
2.New students need to complete a CPCC College Application. To complete an application, please visit: www.cpcc.edu/enroll
Current students will need to know their CPCC student ID number and cpcc.edu e-mail address.
3.Verify N.C. residency (some documents will be required). North Carolina residency requirements
4. Make an appoitment with a Technical Career team member by calling 704.330.6912.
5.Complete and submit the JumpStart Scholarship Application.
6.Complete and submit the CPCC Foundation Application.
7.Complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
8. Attend a mandatory orientation before your first class.
9. Commit to the course schedule for the partipating certificate program you choose.
For further information, please call Carie Whitehead at 704.330.6912 or email email@example.com
Financial assistance may be provided to those who qualify.
All students must be tested before registering for any certificate. Testing and residency verification is necessary.