|General Insurance||Reporting Process
- Describe all incidents communicated to CPCC’s security personnel on a Security Department Case/Incident Report. Security will dispatch emergency first aid, if required.
- Security forwards a copy of CPCC’s Security Department Case/Incident Report to the Enterprise Risk Management office; Benefits coordinator (Workers’ Compensation); and Health/Safety Officer.
- Enterprise Risk Management forwards a copy of the report to insurance provider’s claim department for reporting purposes. Benefits coordinator is responsible for employee (Workers’ Compensation) claims.
- Communication connected with a claim is centralized in the office of Enterprise Risk Management (if not a Workers’ Compensation claim).
- Reasonable efforts are taken to protect against future incidents. (Responsibility lies with Health and Safety Officer).
||CPCC provides Medical Professional Liability protections to faculty and students in protected categories of EMT, Nursing, and Dental. For more information, contact us.
- Describe losses communicated to CPCC’s security personnel on a Security Department Case/Incident Report.
- Security forwards a copy of CPCC’s Security Department Case/Incident Report with police report (if available) to the Enterprise Risk Management office as quickly as possible.
- Inventory Control should receive a copy of the Security Department Case/Incident Report for all College-owned equipment having a cost of $1,000.00 or more.
- A complete inventory of lost property is given to the Enterprise Risk Management office.
- Enterprise Risk Management forwards a copy to insurance provider’s claim department, for underwriting review.
- Communication connected with a claim is centralized in the office of Enterprise Risk Management
- Reasonable measures are taken to protect property from further loss.
- Insurance provider is given access to inspect property (as requested).
Signed, sworn proof of loss is sent to insurance provider within 60 days of loss.
Note: Individual Departments are responsible for replacement cost that does not meet the current policy deductible.
- Report all injuries to Security (Ext. 6911) immediately so an incident report can be completed.
- IF INJURY IS LIFE-THREATENING OR TREATMENT CANNOT BE DELAYED, CALL 911 OR TAKE EMPLOYEE TO NEAREST EMERGENCY ROOM. For all other injuries or illnesses, take or refer employee to a medical provider listed here. Medical facilities are provided for each CPCC location.
- Employee must identify himself as CPCC employee who has been injured on the job when receiving medical treatment. Hospital or medical personnel should be advised to call Human Resources Dept. (704) 330-6311 to obtain insurance information.
- Employees injured on the job should not be liable for any approved medical expenses incurred in connection with treatment of their injury. Receipts for prescriptions or other medical expenses in connection with the injury should be submitted to Human Resources. Doctor’s slips or other related information should be sent to Human Resources.
- Employee must complete Incident/Accident Report, submit to his/her supervisor and send the completed form to Human Resources Department within 24 hours of incident/accident.
- Employees and supervisors may contact Human Resources (Ext. 6311) for questions or assistance with Workers’ Compensation procedures.