Student Accident Insurance
The plan insures students against loss resulting from accidental bodily injury sustained while participating in or attending specific classes. Student Accident Insurance is required for specific classes and is paid for at the time of registration. (Students will be notified at time of registration if class requires Student Accident Insurance.)
Doug Sutton Insurance Services
P.O. Box 20104
Raleigh, NC 27619
Telephone Number (919) 836-9993
North Carolina Toll Free (800) 788-7771
Only students in specific classes are required to purchase Student Accident Insurance and the fee will be included in tuition. Examples of specific classes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Use of equipment
- Contract obligations ex: Medical, Dental, etc.
- High Risk classes ex: Culinary, PE, Diving, etc.
Filing an Accident Claim Form
2. The Incident Report will be forwarded to the CPCC Risk Management office.
3. Student Accident Insurance will be verified, then a signed Accident Claim Form will be forwarded via college email account to the student.
4. The Student should mail the completed and signed claim form along with any invoices or bills to Doug Sutton Insurance Services, PO Box 20104, Raleigh NC 27619.
5. For claim-related questions, call (919) 836-9993 or (800) 788-7771.
6. Additional questions on CPCC Insurance processes and/or procedures contact the Risk Management office.