Accidents Involving CPCC Vehicles

Reporting of Accidents

Information regarding motor vehicle accidents involving college-owned vehicles or privately-owned vehicles that are used in college business must be reported to the employee’s (vehicle operator) immediate supervisor as well as the Enterprise Risk Management office as soon as possible.

Reporting Process for Accidents Involving College Owned Vehicles

  • Report the accident to operator’s supervisor and Enterprise Risk Management.
  • Forward a copy of the police report (if available) to the Enterprise Risk Management as quickly as possible.
  • Enterprise Risk Management will notify the claim department of CPCC's insurance provider.
  • Communication connected with a claim is centralized in the office of Enterprise Risk Management.
  • Operator’s supervisor forwards to Enterprise Risk Management a copy of the supervisory review regarding the accident