Accidents & Safety
Reporting of Accidents
Information regarding accidents involving college-owned vehicles or privately-owned vehicles that are used in college business must be reported to the employee’s immediate supervisor or directly to the Enterprise Risk Management office as soon as possible.
Reporting Process for Accidents Involving College Owned Vehicles
- Report accident to CPCC’s Security Services and operator’s supervisor.
- Security forwards a copy of the Incident Report with police report (if available) to the Enterprise Risk Management as quickly as possible.
- Enterprise Risk Management forwards copies of reports to insurance provider’s claim department.
- Communication connected with a claim is centralized in the office of Enterprise Risk Management.
- Operator’s supervisor forwards to Enterprise Risk Management a copy of the supervisory review regarding the accident
The college will include in its overall safety program a driver-training module on an annual basis.