Applications for The Paramedic Cohort 2014 - 2015 will be accepted beginning April 1, 2014 through June 30, 2014.
CPCC offers a paramedic program on a part-time rotating schedule. Exact days of the week will be finalized no later than March 31, 2014. All other information such as cost, application process and contact information is located under the course information area. Thank you for your interest in CPCC's EMS education programs.
Program contact - Mike Price, 704-330-2722, ext. 3289 e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic Anatomy and Physiology is a prerequisite. Our next online A&P class will begin on February 10, 2014.
To register, call Customer Service - 704-330-4223 after 01/07/2014. The course number is EMT 8000-01. For more information about the class follow the link: https://www.cpcc.edu/emstraining/anatomy-and-physiology
The textbook for A&P is available at the CPCC Book store. The title is - The Human Body in Health & Disease, 5th edition. This is required the first day of this course.
**Additional Anatomy and Physiology classes may be added, dependent on demand.
The EMT Experience Course is a pre-requisite for applicants with no prior field experience. This course is offered through partnership with local EMS to give the student exposure to actual patient care by working directly with EMS personnel and should provide a minimum of 50 patient contacts. The course is scheduled to begin on March 6, 2014 through May 1, 2014. To register, call Customer Service - 704-330-4223 after January 7, 2014. The course number is EMT 7008-01.
- All applicants are required to have North Carolina EMT credentials in advance of applying for the Paramedic program.
- Proof of successful completion of Basic Anatomy and Physiology is a pre-requisite.
- Completion of The EMT Experience Course is a pre-requisite if the applicant has no prior field experience.
- Provide two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Take the Emergency Responders Exam through FISDAP.
- Create and pay for your FISDAP account by logging into website – www.fisdap.net
- Testing costs $20.00. The product code is CPCC1305-BN256
- Complete the exam.
- This is a proctored Exam. Students will need to make an appointment at one of the CPCC testing centers during May, 2014 (exact dates will be announced in the very near future).
- Once you have completed your exam, our faculty will review the results and add them to your application packet.
M, T, Th 8am - 6pm (last test administered at 4pm)
W 8am - 8pm (last test administered at 6pm)
F 8am - 5pm (last test administered at 2pm)
M-Th 8am - 5pm (last test administered at 3pm)
F 8am - 5pm (last test administered at 2 pm)
5. Complete an application packet.
6. Mail the completed packet to the attention of:
Mike Price, Program Developer
CPCC, Merancus Campus, CJ114
P.O. Box 35009
Charlotte, NC 28235
6. A Criminal Background review and drug testing are performed for each applicant prior to acceptance into our program. (There is a cost involved; see below for breakdown of all program costs). After submission your application will be review ed. Notification of acceptance into the program usually takes about 4 weeks.
Paramedic Course Cost
Anatomy & Physiology (If needed)
Tuition - *$180.00 plus fees
Textbook – $60.00
EMS Experience Course (If needed) $125.00
Paramedic Program Tuition
$180.00/ semester X 4 semesters = *$720.00 plus fees
Nancy Caroline's Emergency Care in the Streets – $270.00
ISBN 13:978-1449645861 7th Ed.
Pharmacology Supplement – $70.00
Cardiology Supplement – $100.00
Drug Screen/ Background check- $100.00
Supplies & Testing
Uniform - (Shirt, Pants, Belt) – $120.00
Lab Coat - $25.00
FISDAP Testing $20.00
Scheduler/ Skills Tracker – $80.00
*No Charge if Fee exempt