Michael Price, NREMT-P, Assistant Director of Public Safety
firstname.lastname@example.org 704-330-2722 ext. 3289 (office) (704) 330-4188 (fax)
Program Assistant: Andrea McCain
email@example.com 704-330-2722 ext. 3287 (office) 704-330-4188 (Fax)
The Emergency Medical Technician - program may be completed in one semester. Satisfactory completion of this course will enable the student to sit for certifying examinations. This program is recognized by local employers.
The Emergency Medical Technician - program prepares individuals, through classroom instruction and clinical experience, to obtain employment as EMTs with "911" or "emergency" ambulance services. EMTs are also employed with Hospital Emergency Departments, non-emergency (convalescent) services, and private industry. This intense program covers a broad range of Pre-Hospital emergency situations affecting the entire age spectrum from pediatrics through geriatrics. Practical skills are learned through demonstration and hands-on practice. A rotation in the Emergency Department at Carolina's Medical Center and ride a long with Mecklenburg EMS Agency complete the program.
All students are required to adhere to a class dress code consisting of a grey logo golf shirt and Navy EMT pants.
1. High School Diploma OR GED
2. Either complete the Accuplacer exam for EMT (the scores from this test determine departmental permission) OR demonstrate successful completion of previous college-level course work in math and english by submission of unofficial transcripts.Please fax transcripts to the attention of Andrea McCain (704-330-4130) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit unofficial college transcript OR Take the Accuplacer Test, a basic reading and math exam.
The Accuplacer Test is available at all our campus locations:
To schedule a test please go to our homepage at www.cpcc.edu and in the search box type"schedule placement test"
Then just follow the prompts.
- There is no fee for the 1st attempt of the screening test
For additonal placement testing information and to download practice tests please follow the link https://www.cpcc.edu/testing_assessment/placement-testing/accuplacer-study-guides
You may register for the EMT program after you have received permission from the EMS Education Department. (permissions are granted after review of college transcripts and / or screening test scores).
Payment is due at the time of registration. Failure to submit payment at the time of registration will result in an automatic drop from the class and you will need to re-register if seats are still available. This is a high-demand class; all sections fill early.
- $180.00 EMT 7300 Tuition plus fees
- $7.50 Liability Insurance (Required)
- $5.50 Accident Insurance (Recommended)
- $5.00 Tech Fee (Required)
- $12.00 CAPS Fee* (Required)
- $14.00 Lab Fee (Required)
- $185.00 textbook and workbook
- $60.00 uniform ( Required)
- $60.00 Physical Exam (Required)
- $502.00 Total (NOTE: Prices are subject to change without notice)
The CAPS (College Access, Parking, and Security) fee provides the ability for appropriate security coverage on campuses.
Books, supplies, and medical exam/immunization fees are in addition to registration fees.
Textbook: Emergency Care and Transport of the Sick and Injured 10th edition, Jones and Barlett publisher.
Emergency Care and Transport of the Sick and Injured workbook
Textbooks are the only supplies that should be purchased prior to class. Your Instructor will give you more details when you come to class.
- Uniforms are required. The uniforms will consist of gray CPCC EMS program logo shirt and navy blue EMT pants. Uniforms will be ordered after the first day of class. The cost is approximately $60.00.
- Stethascope (not mandatory) purchace information will be given in class
- Pocket Mask for CPR - item #LPL64184M; Matrx
- Watch that indicates "seconds"
- Documentation of negative TB screening within the three (3) months prior to start of class
Medical physical exam completed within the twelve (12) months prior to start of class
- Documentation of medical physical exam completed within the twelve (12) months prior to start of class
- Hepatitis B vaccination (series of 3) Highly recommended
Note: All supplies are available at the college bookstores.except for uniforms. Uniform information will be given out during the first class meeting.
Back to Top
Course Schedule - Click tab marked EMT certification Course
- All tuition will be systematically refunded by the College for any class canceled by the College.
- 100% of tuition paid will be refunded by the College if the student officially withdraws from the class prior to the first day of the class.
- 75% of tuition paid will be refunded by the College if the student officially withdraws from the class on or after the first day of the class through the 10% point of the class. (Prior to the 5th class meeting)
Special Services Certifications:
Students who have a documented disability or who think they may have a learning problem may contact the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities in Terrell 219 or may call 704-330-6621. Instructors will provide the necessary accommodation upon advice of that office.
NOTE: All prices and schedules are subject to change without notice. In order to participate in clinical education experiences at health care facilities, students may be required to submit results of a North Carolina state or National criminal background check at their own expense.