EMT Initial Certification - Summer 2014
This 200 hour course provides the foundation for the student to function as an Emergency Medical Technician with a Pre-hospital EMS Provider. The class combines lecture with skills demonstration and practice. Successfull completion requires a final written exam ad a scenario based practical exam. On successful completion of the program, the student will be eligible to take the North Carolina EMT exam with the NC Office of EMS to be credentialed as a NC EMT - Basic.
- Testing is usually offered by OEMS within two to three weeks after the completion of the session. Test dates will be coordinated by your primary instructor
- This program currently has a success rate of 95% of our students that complete the course passes the NC EMT exam.
- Students that wish to join National Registry of EMT's will need to contact the National Registry directly at http://www.nremt.org/ or see your primary instructor for assistance.
- All applicants to the CPCC Paramedic program are required to hold a current NC EMT or National Registry EMT credential before beginning the program.
- AHA Certification in Health Care Provider CPR is included in this program
- This course requires 1 - 12 to 14 hour rotation with Mecklenburg EMS Agency as an observer and a 12 hour shift in a local Emergency Department. All rotations are held on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
- Summer sessions requires meeting Monday through Thursday from 08:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Classes are subject to cancellation: dependent upon enrollment.
The registration for Summer 2014 begins April 25, 2014.
The process for registration is:
The CAPS (College Access, Parking, and Security) fee provides the ability for appropriate security coverage on campuses.
Schedule for Summer 2014 EMT Training
|EMT 7300-04||M, Tu, We, Th||05/12/14||06/18/14||8:00 AM to 5:00 PM||Merancas- CJ 119|
|EMT 7300-05||M, Tu, We, Th||06/23/14||07/29/14||08:00 AM to 5:00 PM||Merancas - CJ 119|
Emergency Department and EMS Rotations are scheduled for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.