If there is a fire in your area, follow these guidelines:
- If you discover a fire or smoke, leave the area and pull the fire alarm. From a safe location, call College Security at 6911 or (704)330-6911 from non campus phone) and report the fire.
- If you are able to safely extinguish the fire, do so only if you have been properly trained. Make sure that you have a safe exit from the fire area. .
- Evacuate the building as soon as the alarm sounds and proceed to the designated area of assembly. Take personal belongings with you
- On your way out, warn others nearby.
- Move away from fire and smoke. Close doors and windows if time permits.
- Touch closed doors. Do not open them if they are hot.
- Use stairs only; do not use elevators.
- Move at least 300 feet from the building and go to your building's designated area of assembly.
- Do not re-enter the building or work area until you have been instructed to do so by the emergency responders, College Security or Building Emergency Captain.
If there is a fire in your building: Evacuate immediately following the fire exit signs in your area.