New Electrical Certificate Program
New electrical certificates prepare students for a career in the electric generation industry.
• Construction in the power market is expected to reach $45.3 billion this year, and climb to a projected $56.6.
• Central Piedmont Community College has partnered with the power industry to develop the Electrical Wiring Designer and Electrical Physical Designer certificate programs.
• Certificates are taught at CPCC’s Central and Harper campuses, and most can be completed in 3-4 semesters.
• Students will learn the latest industry-sanctioned skills and design techniques using software such as Bentley MicroStation and Smart Plant 3D.
• The electric power industry is positioned for long-term growth; the methods of power generation may change, but the need to create, capture, route and deliver electricity will remain constant – along with the jobs that provide these services.
Electrical Physical Designer:
Responsible for producing the layout, and routing of the electrical distribution, power and lighting systems in compliance with the National Electrical code, local codes and ordinances.