Moodle 2.3 Upgrade
An Upgrade to Moodle 2.3 will be effective on May 18. Moodle course shells for Summer 2013 will run in the new version.
We are excited about the optional features and system improvements that Moodle 2.3 offers and hope you are too. Some of the benefits include: an easier course copy process, time saving features such as drag and drop capabilities, optional course design choices, enhancements on the file picker among others.
You will notice an additional menu option when adding assignments. The menu includes: 'Assignment' and 'Assignment 2.2'. The ‘Assignment’ option is new in 2.3. It unifies all of the type of assignments available in 2.2 into one screen! This is an enhancement in usability. The 'Assignment 2.2', option will be available thruoghout the summer semester. Beginning in Fall 2013, all assignments will move to 2.3 automatically.
eLearning will be offering Support Labs if you feel you need help understanding the optional features. Please check on LearnerWeb for schedule Support Labs.
Moodle 2.3 FAQ.
- Will all my Moodle 2.2 courses are automatically upgrade it to Moodle 2.3?
Yes, they will be operational in Moodle 2.3.
- When is this process taking place?
May 17, 2013
- Will the process for course copy change?
There is a simple process for copying courses. Here are the instructions.
- Do I still need to Moodleize my course?
Yes, this process remains the same, and it is done through the Course Administration Webtools.
- Will I still automatically have access to my courses? And will my students still be automatically enrolled?
Yes, all processes remain the same.
- How can I learn about the new features in Moodle 2.3? Will training be available?
See below information for new features and check LearnerWeb for available training sessions.
Moodle 2.3 New Features
- Course Copy process in Moodle 2.3
- Add Activities and Resources from a single Menu
- Assignment Types combined
- New Course Design Options
- Drag & Drop Features
- Addition of the Editing Title icon, for quick editing in the course page
- Changes in the Assignment Grading interface: ability to filter ungraded work
- Addition of Marking Guides to the grading method
- Warning for unsaved work
- Quick reference guide to Moodle 2.3 highlighted new features
- Extensive explanation of the new Assignment module settings
- Moodle 2.3 Release Notes
- Moodle 2.3 Highlights, UMass Amherst