Scholarship Details - Core Program
City of Charlotte Scholarship for
Getting to the CORE of Business: Strategic Development Program
at the Institute for Entrepreneurship
Purpose: To support the development of existing businesses in targeted areas of Charlotte and the surrounding region such that the local economy of our community is strengthened.
Number of awards available: 10
Award Amount: $ 440
Total Course Cost: $595 (scholarship recipients are responsible for net difference)
Application Deadline: December 19, 2012
Designed for entrepreneurs who want to expand an existing business and need the skills to make it grow, the Getting to the CORE of Business Strategic Development Program is an innovative five-month program that provides entrepreneurs with individualized practical training designed to teach businesses how to integrate, implement and execute a focused growth strategy. Spring 2013 scholarships will be awarded to existing businesses interested in participating in the CORE program (SBX 7353).
- Business must have been operating for a minimum of one year with same owner, and
- Business must be one of the following:
- Certified by the City of Charlotte as a Small Business Enterprise (SBE). Learn more about SBE certification here.
- Operating in an office, retail or industrial building located in the City of Charlotte’s Business Corridor Revitalization Geography. Learn if your business is in the eligible geography here.
- Completion of Scholarship Application including all applicable attachments and an attached written statement responding to the following questions:
- As a business owner, what do you perceive as your areas of strength?
As a business owner, in what areas do you need improvement?
- AS a business owner, how can participating in the CORE program help grow, develop and enhance your business?
Scholarship applications must be received by December 19, 2012 to be eligible.
Mail to: Jerrianne Jackson
City of Charlotte
600 E. Trade St
Charlotte NC 28202