Q and A 2+2 Articulation Agreement

Q: What if I don’t have all the courses I need to transfer?
A: Contact the Early Childhood Department at CPCC for assistance (1) in determining if you have an acceptable earlier version of a course or (2) in registering for a new course that you need.

Q: How many community college courses will transfer to UNCC?
A: A maximum of 64 community college hours will transfer to UNCC.

Q: What is the Praxis I exam?
A: Praxis I is a test of basic skills in reading, writing and mathematics.  Passing scores are set by the state of North Carolina and are required for admission to all undergraduate teacher education programs in the state.

Q: How can I find out more about the Praxis I exam?
A: Click HERE in order to go to the following website for descriptions of exam sections, practice exams and testing center locations

Q: How do I apply?
A: Students graduating with the A.A.S. in Early Childhood Education from CPCC should apply to UNC Charlotte through undergraduate admissions. There is a standard awarding of credit procedure for these students. Once admitted, students should sign up for the next available Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR) session for transfer students. Then, students should make arrangements to meet with an advisor from the College of Education to discuss which courses to take during their first semester at UNCC.