How to Apply
How to Apply for Admission to the Early Childhood Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree Program
Students who plan to enter the AAS degree program in Early Childhood should follow these steps:
1. Complete and submit a CPCC admission form. The form is available at the Student Success Center (Admissions Office) at any CPCC campus and by mail (request the form by calling 704 330 CPCC). Additionally, the form is available in CPCC college catalogs and class schedules and via www.cpcc.edu. Be sure to indicate on the form that you wish to enter the Early Childhood Program. The program code is A55220.
2. Apply for financial aid and scholarship consideration by completing the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA). An application should be completed each year, even if the student doesn’t think he/she qualifies. There are many factors affecting eligibility for financial aid. For more information about financial aid, contact the Financial aid Office at 704 330 6942.
3. Have transcripts from every high school and college previously attended sent to: CPCC Student Records, PO Box 35009, Charlotte, NC 28235-5009. Admission to a degree program requires proof of high school completion confirmed by an official high school transcript with a graduation date. However, students who provide an official college transcript indicating that the student has earned a college degree or higher, do not have to submit a high school transcript. The student’s current name and social security number should appear on each transcript. Home schooled students must provide evidence of completion of a state-approved home school program.
4. Complete and submit a request for college transcript evaluation if you have completed college level coursework at another institution. The form is available at the Student Records Office on any CPCC campus and in the CPCC college catalog. The telephone number of the Student Records Office is 704 330 6255.
5. Take the required placement tests. Appointments for placement tests are made via the Admissions Office on all campuses or by calling 704.330.CPCC (2722). Students must achieve a score of 86 or higher on the Sentence Skills test and a score of 80 or higher on the Reading Comprehension test before they register for any Early Childhood course other than EDU 119.
6. Meet with an academic advisor after testing. The advisor will provide you with an overview of test results and program information. He/she will also provide you with the name of your Early Childhood Faculty Advisor.
7. Contact your Early Childhood to discuss program requirements and to plan your coursework. This is a very important step in the process.
8. Complete a general orientation. Orientations provide in-depth information about College resources and requirements as well as program and career options. Participation is critical to students’ success. For more information, please call 704 330 5013.