Procedures for Receiving Disability Counseling Services at CPCC
· Follow the Steps to Enrollment at http: https://www.cpcc.edu/getstarted
· If you are going to need Financial Aid to attend CPCC, visit http://www.cpcc.edu/financial_aid.
· Take CPCC Placement Test – (http://www.cpcc.edu/testing_assessment/placement-testing)
for information and study guide materials. If you need testing accommodations contact
· Send your documentation to to Disability Services, Terrell Building, Room 219 located on the
After your documentation has been reviewed an appointment will be set up for you to meet with a Counselor. In the meeting your counselor will:
· Review your documentation with you
· Review Disability Counseling Services Policies
Go over your goals at CPCC
· Review the process for registering for classes, obtaining tutoring and using CPCC IT
· Discuss appropriate accommodations
· Complete needed forms
· Schedule a follow up appointment
Once an Accommodation Form is completed the student will need to:
· Have each instructor sign the form and if appropriate the Testing Center. It is very important
that all forms are signed and returned to Disability Counseling Services.
· The counselor will contact the student's instructor(s) to inform them that you are registered
with Disability Services and what accommodations are needed. Also, that the student will
bring the instructor(s) the accommodations form to be signed and returned to the Disability
Counselor. This can also be done via e-mail.
· If appropriate, schedule a meeting with Alisha Hankerson, Testing and Technology Lab
Facilitator, to discuss your test schedule and books in alternative format.