Accommodations offered by the Department of Disability Counseling Services at CPCC include, but are not limited to, taking tests in a low distraction environment, extended test time, the use of a test reader/scribe, and the use of assistive technology. All testing accommodations must first be approved by a Disability Counselor.
A Disability Accommodation Form and a Disability Services Testing Contract must be completed prior to any test administration. Depending on the approved accommodation(s), tests will be administered in one of the College Testing Centers or under the supervision of Disability Counseling Services.
- Electronic devices are prohibited within testing areas unless otherwise permitted. This includes, but is not limited to, calculators, cell phones, MP-3 Players, PDAs, laptops, cameras, tape recorders, etc.
- Test takers may only use materials specified by their instructor, Disability Counselor, or testing agency.
- Only authorized personnel are permitted within testing areas. Authorized personnel include CPCC faculty and staff, as well as representatives from testing agencies or services.
- Those assisting students with disabilities (such as scribes, readers and proctors) in a testing environment must be personally unaffiliated with the students and approved in advance by Disability Counseling Services.
- Students should never transport a test to Disability Counseling Services or any of CPCC’s Testing Centers. As stated on the Accommodations Request form, it is the instructor’s responsibility to deliver testing materials to Disability Counseling Services or the Testing Center.Tests delivered by students to Disability Counseling Services or one of the College’s Testing Centers will not be administered. If your instructor asks you to bring a test to Disability Counseling Services or the Testing Center, let the instructor know that you are not allowed to transport tests, and contact your Disability Counselor. Having a student handle a test before it is administered poses a security risk and compromises the integrity of the Disability Services Testing Center.