If electronic textbook files are not available from external sources, Disability Services can scan the textbook to make an accessible text.
- The student will read and sign a Textbook Scanning Agreement.
- The binding of the textbook will be cut from the book and cannot be reattached.
- Cutting the binding may affect the bookstore’s willingness to buy back the book at the end of the semester.
- The cutting of the binding may also cause damage to the book and a loss of some of the reading material located near the binding.
- Disability Services will have the books spiral-bound before returning it to the student.
- The text will be scanned and the files will be put on a CD for use on a computer.