The following are unable to be certified for VA benefits:
- Courses that are not required for completion of the student's degree, diploma, or certificate program.
- Courses that are considered Adult Basic Literacy Education (ABLE)
- Courses previously completed successfully.
- Courses for which transfer credit has been granted.
- Courses taken while not admitted to a diploma, certificate or degree program.
- Courses not leading to an educational, professional, or vocational objective (i.e. continuing education courses).
- Courses for which credit by examination have been received.
- Audit courses.
- Virtual courses (Tele-courses and Internet) that haven't meet the specific criteria (see ).
- Any course not approved by the State Approving Agency.
All policies are subject to change based on institutional and federal guidelines.