Grants Admin Process
Step 1 - Award Package Distribution
- Upon receipt, the President’s Office forwards the complete award notification package to the Director of Grants Development.
- The Director of Grants Development distributes copies to the Leadership of the Grants Management Team (Director of Grants Administration and the Director of Grants Accounting) and schedules a Team Orientation Meeting.
Step 2 - Grants Administration Team Orientation
- Within 7 (seven) days of receipt of the award package, the Director of Grants Administration will schedule a meeting of the Grants Management Team (see Member Roles) to meet and review and discuss the post-award management process including:
- Compliance with the terms and conditions of the grant;
- Performance and financial reporting requirements (progress reports and final reports);
- Allowable vs. Unallowable costs;
- Project period and budget period;
- Time & Effort reporting;
- Cost Share or Matching (Cash or In-Kind Contributions) requirements;
- Account management, budget transfers, and payroll requirements (see Setting Up Grants Accounts);
- The evaluation plan and sustainability plan;
- Timing of hiring and purchases:
- Contract modifications / negotiations; and
- Any Facilities / ITS requirements and purchases, and the appropriate timing of such.
- Within 10 days of Grants and Contracts receiving the award package, the new account will be established.
Step 3 - Ongoing Meetings & Reports
- Upon receipt of the award, the Director of Grants Accounting will review and approve budgets and expenses before being accounts are established.
- Each quarter, the Director of Grants Accounting will schedule a meeting of each Grants Administration Team to review fiscal and performance compliance.
- Within 10 days of each quarterly meeting, the Director of Grants Administration will provide the Strategic Project Planning Committee with a summary progress report from the quarterly meetings.
- Each month, the Director of Grants Accounting will ensure that Project Directors and other appropriate staff have access to up-to-date project accounts.
- Each month, Director of Grants Administration will send applicable Grants Reporting Notices to all Team members and other appropriate staff.
- Each month, the Director of Grants Accounting will distribute a Grant Funds Report of all grant-funded projects to appropriate individuals.
- Each month/quarter, Project Directors will send Time & Effort Reporting and/or Cost Share report (if required) to Grants & Contracts Office.
- Each spring (April), the Director of Grants Development will host an annual luncheon meeting of College administrators and all grant-funded project Directors.