|North Carolina Student Incentive Grant (NCSIG)
- Gift Aid (does not have to be repaid)
- Funded by the State of North Carolina
- Award determinations by North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority, through College Foundation, Inc.
- Average award is $350.
- Be a U. S. citizen
- Be a North Carolina resident
- Hold a High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Enroll or be accepted for enrollment on a full-time basis at a North Carolina post secondary institution
- Not be enrolled in a program designed primarily for career preparation in a religious vocation
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Demonstrate "substantial" financial need.
|How to Apply:
- Complete and file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- If you are applying for the Fall 2012, Spring 2013 or Summer 2013, complete the 2012-2013 FAFSA form.
- Show on the form that North Carolina is state of legal residence
- List at least one North Carolina college, university, technical or vocational school in the release section of the form.