Chapter 5 Review
RED 080. Breaking Through, 9th ed. Chapter 5 Review
PATTERNS OF ORGANIZATION
1. What can you use to organize information into levels of importance?
2. What are the differences between major and minor details?
3. How do details in directions differ from details in other forms of reading?
4. What are transitional words, how do they function, what do they signal, and where do they occur? Be able to recognize and choose the correct transition to complete a series of sentences.
5. Be able to select the pattern of organization for a series of statements.
6. Be able to select the main idea, pattern of organization, and major details in a reading passage.