More information about the Nursing program offered by Central Piedmont Community College.
Visit the CPCC Nursing Program Website.
Check out CPCC's Career Coach website for additional career information.
|Possible job titles for graduates||Corresponding Holland Code|
|There are many nursing specialties. Your work setting, job title, and specialty will change the corresponding Holland Code.
|* Holland Codes describe occupations' general characteristics and people's interests. Look for careers that fit your interests. If you do not know your Holland Code, contact Career Services to inquire about career assessment.|
Necessary abilities and qualities
- Medical and science knowledge
- Active listening and concern for others
- Customer and personal service
- Dependability, self control, and integrity
- Hand/finger dexterity and good near vision
- Time management, cooperation, and stress-tolerance
- Speaking and critical thinking abilities
- Problem sensitivity (detect and tend to existing and possible future problems)
Occupation & Professional Information Resources
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, Nurses
- O*Net on Nurses
- American Nurses Association
- North Carolina Nurses Association
- Watch a video about nurses
- Nurse Zone
- NC Board of Nursing
- Mary York-Henry, Nurse (Job Profile) audio file
- Salary.com look up salaries by title and region
Related Job sites