Health Information Technology
More information about the Health Information Technology program offered by Central Piedmont Community College.
Visit the CPCC Health Information Technology Program Website.
Check out CPCC's Career Coach website for additional career information.
|Possible job titles for graduates||Corresponding Holland Code|
|Health Information Technologist/RHIT||CE|
|Health Information Manager||ECS|
|* Holland Codes describe occupations' general characteristics and people's interests. Look for careers that fit your interests. If you do not know your Holland Code, contact Career Services to inquire about career assessment.|
Necessary abilities and qualities
- Organizational and clerical skills
- Computer use competency
- Understanding of written communication
- Medical terminology and coding knowledge
- Active listening and time management
- Information ordering skills
- Cooperation and dependability
- Attention to detail and stress tolerance
Occupation & Professional Information Resources
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- North Carolina Health Information Management Association
- Medical Records & Health Information Technicians on O*Net
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, Health Information Technicians
- Medical Records Technicians on College Board
Related Job sites