Learn more about the Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC) Dental Hygiene program and check out Career Coach or contact Career Services for additional career information.
Possible job titles for graduates
* Holland Codes describe occupations' general characteristics and people's interests. Look for careers that fit your interests. If you do not know your Holland Code, contact Career Services to inquire about career assessment.
NECESSARY ABILITIES AND QUALITIES
- Medicine/dentistry knowledge
- Customer service
- Hand/finger dexterity and good near vision
- Dependability and cooperation
- Active listening and concern for others
- Speaking and teaching abilities
- Time management
OCCUPATION AND PROFESSIONAL INFORMATION RESOURCES
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, Dental Hygienists
- O*Net on Dental Hygienists
- American Dental Hygienists' Association (ADHA)
- American Dental Association