Goal: Ensure student success by all employees assuming collective responsibility for placing the needs of learners first.
- Foster a culture in which services, policies, procedures, practices, and personnel support learning as a major priority
- Ensure that the student’s earliest experiences with the College are positive, nurturing, and focused on student learning and academic success
- Engage students as responsible partners in the lifelong learning process
- Make accessible a variety of services and programs that address diverse cultures and learning needs
- Use technology to expand opportunities for student learning and student services
Organizational & Professional Development
Goal: Foster an organizational culture that makes learning the primary value in every action of the College.
- Throughout the organization, hire, develop, support, and empower employees who take an active role in student learning and success
- Create an integrated and adaptable organizational structure that responds to the changing needs of learners
- Promote a culture of inclusiveness, participation, collaboration, and mutual respect that recognizes and celebrates the value of employee contributions
- Offer and support professional development programs and opportunities to enhance staff and faculty effectiveness as facilitators of learning
- Ensure that part-time employees are supported in facilitating a quality learning experience
- Use cross-functional and interdisciplinary teams to shape the learning culture of the College in line with the College’s vision and mission
- Strengthen the leadership skills of College faculty and staff
- Enhance the economic, academic, and social environment of the College to attract and retain quality employees
Community/Economic Development & Partnerships
Goal: Promote the health and economic vitality of the community through partnerships, coalitions, and collaborations.
- Encourage community/business partnerships in the learning process
- Increase the availability of skilled workers to meet changing community needs
- Respond to the diverse learning needs of the community we serve
- Continue to expand certification and short-term training programs that meet learners’ needs and market demand
- Improve and expand linkages with educational partners and community agencies for mutual benefit
- Engage students in contributing to the well being of their community through service-learning initiatives
- Encourage faculty and staff to take leadership roles in community initiatives
Goal: Plan and coordinate student enrollment, programs, services, and facilities to meet community needs.
- Achieve targeted growth through an integrated enrollment management process
- Ensure an equitable delivery of quality programs and services at all campuses
- Achieve a balance between virtual and classroom learning
- Improve the utilization of human, physical, technological, and fiscal resources
Goal: Increase available public and private funds for educational programs, capital projects, and general operations.
- Increase the coordination of all institutional advancement (fundraising) activities to enhance resource synergy
- Enhance student opportunities through increased scholarships and endowments
- Promote responsible stewardship of resources and public trust
- Encourage an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit
- Continue to generate business and community support to increase program viability
- Collaborate with business and educational entities to lobby for appropriate levels of state and county support
- Communicate the value and benefit of the College to the community
Goal: Improve learning outcomes and College programs, processes, and services through a systematic and continuous process of planning, assessment, and improvement.
- Integrate the College’s annual planning with budgeting and resource allocation
- Support a planning process to involve individuals at the grassroots level
- Improve the system of defining and assessing student learning outcomes
- Use cross-functional teams to recommend organizational changes to more effectively and efficiently serve customer needs
- Build flexibility into staffing, resource allocation, and administration to enable campuses to use different approaches while working toward the College’s vision and mission
- Increase the understanding of and support for the institutional effectiveness process