|Non-emergency Dial 704-330-6632||Parking Issues Dial 704-330-6117|
Our records show that the campuses of CPCC are among the safest localities in metropolitan Charlotte. The presence of College Security Services and the watchfulness of our faculty, staff and students have contributed to this enviable record. At the same time, we recognize that safety of people and property is an ongoing issue requiring knowledge and vigilance. This information is intended to assist you in assuring your peace of mind and sense of safety as a valued member of our academic community.
- Always be alert and aware of the people around you.
- Educate yourself concerning prevention tactics.
- Be aware of locations and situations which would make you vulnerable to crime. Examples are alleys and dark parking lots.
- Be alert to your surroundings and the people around you, especially if you are alone or if it is dark.
- When possible, go with a friend.
- Stay in well-lighted areas as much as possible.
- Walk close to the curb. Avoid doorways, bushes and alleys where someone could hide.
- Walk confidently and at a steady pace.
- Make eye contact with people when walking.
- Do not respond to conversation from strangers on the street. Continue walking.
- If you carry a purse, hold it securely between your arm and your body.
"Stay Safe at College" Videos for CPCC Students
CPCC students, don't miss these online videos! Both innovative and compelling, "Stay Safe at College" provides a one-stop source for understanding how crimes are perpetrated, coupled with crime prevention and avoidance techniques. Click here to log in and watch the online videos now!