Hazardous Material Spill


In the event there is a release of a hazardous chemical or material, the following actions should be taken:

  • DO NOT attempt to clean up the spill.
  • Evacuate the area immediately.
  • Call College Safety and Security Services at extension 6911 or 704.330.6911 from a non-campus phone.
  • Let authorities know if the spill is still active.

If you are INDOORS:

  • If it is SAFE to do so, activate emergency shut-off valves.
  • Close all the doors behind you when exiting to prevent further contamination.

If you are OUTDOORS:

  • When outdoors, proceed immediately upwind from the spill location.