During a severe weather event, the following actions should be taken:
- Seek shelter immediately.
- If time permits, move to the lowest level of the building. Basements are the safest.
- Move to the interior area of the building (interior hallways and rooms).
- Stay away from windows, skylights and other areas containing glass.
- Approved tornado shelter areas are marked on Fire Exit Plans posted on each "floor.
CPCC employees and students will receive information through emergency communication methods, such as the Critical Alert Emergency Notification System, when a tornado warning is issued by the National Weather Service.
Note: A tornado warning means that a tornado has been spotted or indicated by weather radar in the area.