Hazardous Material Spill
In the event there is a release of a hazardous chemical or material, the following actions should be taken:
- DO NOT attempt to clean up the spill.
- Evacuate the area immediately.
- Call College Security/Police Services at extension 6911 or 704.330.6911 from a non-campus phone.
- Let authorities know if the spill is still active.
If you are INDOORS:
- If it is SAFE to do so, activate emergency shut-off valves.
- Close all the doors behind you when exiting to prevent further contamination.
If you are OUTDOORS:
- When outdoors, proceed immediately upwind from the spill location.