GED Minor Process Overview
- Minor students (ages 16 and 17 years old) must be withdrawn from their last Mecklenburg County school for at least six months.
- Minor students must obtain a GED Minors Release Form (for CMS students), or a withdraw form/letter (for private school and home school students) from their last high school attended.
- Home school, private, and out of Mecklenburg County students will be asked to complete this release form at Orientation.
- After the GED Minor Release Form has been completed, minor students and their parent/guardian must attend a GED Orientation Session. Please contact Calvin Campbell to schedule the orientation.
- Phone: 704-330-6697
- Email: Calvin.Campbell@cpcc.edu
- Room: Central Campus, Education Center Room 104 B
- Schedule: Monday - Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
CMS High School Withdrawal Form Process
Step One (1):
The Student and Parent/Guardian must go to the last high school (or middle school) attended and ask to be withdrawn, and request a Parent/Guardian Petition of a Minor Applicant Release Form.
Step Two (2):
The Student and Parent/Guardian must sign the Release Form in the presence of the school's Notary.
Step Three (3):
The Principal must annotate the official withdrawal and sign the Release Form.
Step Four (4):
The Student and Parent/Guardian must take the Release Form to the CMS School Counseling Services office and have Mrs. Karen Thomas, CMS Superintendent/Designee sign the Release Form.
CMS School Counseling Services
4511 Monroe Road, Charlotte, NC 28205
Phone: 980 - 343 - 3653
Step Five (5):
The Student and Parent/Guardian must bring the Release Form to their scheduled CPCC GED Minor's Program Orientation.