Steps to Graduate
Steps to a GED® Credential
- Visit an Intake and Assessment Center.
- Attend a New Student Orientation.
- Enroll in a GED course.
- Learn the passing requirement.
- Study sample test questions.
- Complete a Post-Test.
- Take an Official GED® Practice Test (OPT).
- Receive a GED® Referral Form (if your scores on the OPT qualify).
- Attend a Registration Orientation/Information Session (75-90 minutes).
- Required for all first time examinees.
- Location of Registration: Central High Building on the Central Campus in Room 307.
- Time of Registration: It is imperative that students be on time.
- Monday 5:30p.m.
- Wednesday 12:00p.m.
- Thursday 10:00a.m.
- Receive a GED® appointment sheet.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to appointment time.
- Bring your Appointment Sheet. This will be given to you at the time of registration.
- Students must have the following with them at the time of registration:
- Valid Referral Form - 60 days or less.
- Valid government issued ID (picture ID) such as:
- State issued ID,
- Driver’s License,
- Military ID.
- Receipt for payment of $35.00 testing fee. This should be paid at the cashier’s window on the second floor of the Central High building on the Central Campus prior to registration times. Please note, the $35.00 fee is expected to increase throughout 2013.
- Request accommodations (if available).
- Test in English, Spanish or French.
- French version must be requested at least one month in advance of test date.
- Understand your score.
- Test scores are posted on each and every Monday by 12:00PM. These scores are for the exams given the week before they are dated so that students can find the date they tested and look up their score.
- Scores are posted using the last 4 digits of the ID the student presented at the time of Registration.
- We cannot release scores out via phone or e-mail.
- Request GED transcript using the GED Transcript Request Form.
- Make plans for your next steps for college and career!
GED® and GED Testing Service® are registered trademarks of the American Council on Education (ACE). They may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of ACE or GED Testing Service. The GED® and GED Testing Service® brands are administered by GED Testing Service LLC under license from the American Council on Education.