Pathways to Careers’ Accelerating Opportunity programs offer short-term training to assist students in earning credentials needed for successful employment in high demand jobs. Whether you've been out of school for a month or decades, it's never too late to get the skills you need to get a good job. With education and credentials beyond high school, you’ll have better options in today’s economy.
- Work-readiness and occupational specific training
- Contextualized support classes
- College preparation course, if necessary
- 2 Semesters
- Total credits earned upon successful completion: 12
- Attend a Pathways to Careers Information Session at Central Campus.
- Complete a placement test to determine entry level.
- Verify North Carolina residency.
- Commit to full-time study.
- Office Administration Specialist C25370-C5
This certificate prepares you for entry level jobs in a professional office setting. Credits earned in this certificate apply to higher level certificates and better employment opportunities.
Qualities of an Office Administration Specialist:
- Possesses strong math and computer;
- Has a knack for developing relationships; Possesses strong organizational skills to ensure that the office is in order and runs efficiently;
- Communicates in an effective manner;
- Enjoys working in a detailed-oriented environment;
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills.
Upon completion, the entry-level office administration specialist may receive additional on-the-job training and/or additional college coursework to specialize in any or all of the following positions:
- Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants
- Legal Secretaries
- Medical Secretaries
- Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
For additional information contact:
Call Nadya Maisak 704-330-6912 or email email@example.com.