Pathways to Careers’ Accelerating Opportunity programs offer short-term training to assist students in earning credentials needed for successful employment in high demand jobs. Whether you've been out of school for a month or decades, it's never too late to get the skills you need to get a good job. With education and credentials beyond high school, you’ll have better options in today’s economy.
- Work-readiness and occupational specific training
- Contextualized support classes
- College preparation course, if necessary
- 2 Semesters
- Total credits earned upon successful completion: 12
- Attend a Pathways to Careers Information Session at Central Campus.
- Complete a placement test to determine entry level.
- Verify North Carolina residency.
- Commit to full-time study.
- Office Administration Specialist C25370-C5
This certificate prepares you for entry level jobs in a professional office setting. Credits earned in this certificate apply to higher level certificates and better employment opportunities. See the back of this flyer for detailed information on all certificates that can be earned in this program.
Qualities of an Office Administration Specialist:
- Possesses strong math and computer;
- Has a knack for developing relationships; Possesses strong organizational skills to ensure that the office is in order and runs efficiently;
- Communicates in an effective manner;
- Enjoys working in a detailed-oriented environment;
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills.
Upon completion, the entry-level office administration specialist may receive additional on-the-job training and/or additional college coursework to specialize in any or all of the following positions:
- Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants
- Legal Secretaries
- Medical Secretaries
- Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
For additional information contact:
704-330-2722 ext. 3886