The Human Resources Development (HRD) program provides skill assessment services, employability skills training, and career development counseling to unemployed and underemployed adults (18 years of age or older). These courses shall address six core components:
(1) Assessment of an individual's assets and limitations;
(2) Development of a positive self-concept;
(3) Development of employability skills;
(4) Development of communication skills;
(5) Development of problem-solving skills; and
(6) Awareness of the impact of information technology in the workplace.
Who is eligible to attend FREE HRD classes/workshops?
HRD classes are occupational extension classes. They are tuition-free as long as the participant qualifies for at least one of the following items:
- I am currently unemployed
- I have received notification of a pending layoff
- I am working and eligible for the Federal Earned Income Tax Credit
- I am working and earn wages at or below two hundred percent (200%) of the federal poverty guidelines.
(EITC and 200% poverty guidelines can be found here: http://www.nccommunitycolleges.edu/sites/default/files/numbered-memos/cc16-009.pdf
Participants will complete an in class registration form and tuition waiver on the first day of class.