Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Can I submit my graduation application by fax?

Because the Graduation Office must have your original signature, graduation applications may not be faxed. You may submit graduation applications in person at the Graduation Office or at the Admissions Office on any campus. Completed applications may also be mailed to the Graduation Office at the following address: 
CPCC Graduation Office 
P.O. Box 35009 
Charlotte, NC 28235-5009 

I have submitted my graduation application; when will I hear from the Graduation Office?

Potential graduates who submit a graduation application during the published application dates will receive a response from the Graduation Office 4 – 6 weeks from the time their application is received in the Graduation Office. Applications received after the specified application period will be process in the order that they are received and may take longer. 

The Graduation Office told me that I need an additional course, but my advisor told me that I was finished. What should I do?

It is possible that your education plan needs to be updated or a course substitution needs to be initiated. Schedule an appointment with your faculty advisor to determine how that course requirement was to be satisfied. Once that has been resolved, call your Graduation Analyst to inform them. 

When will I receive my Adult High School Diploma?

Adult High School Diplomas are printed by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg School system. The Graduation Office places orders for diplomas in January, June, and August. Diplomas are mailed to graduates approximately 8 weeks after CPCC orders the diplomas from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools. 

When is the commencement ceremony and when will I receive information about ordering caps and gowns?

One commencement ceremony is held each May. The next commencement ceremony will be held on May 12, 2011. Cap and gown orders begin in April. The Graduation Office mails detailed information on these purchases and other ceremony details to graduates and eligible potential graduates beginning in early April. Please see Commencement Ceremony Information for more information on the ceremony. 

How can I order an additional copy of my Adult High School Diploma?

Additional copies of your Adult High School Diploma may be purchased for $20.00.  Please contact your Graduation Analyst for an order form. Adult High School Diplomas are printed by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg School system. CPCC places orders for diplomas in January, June, and August. Please note that regardless of when you place an order for your diploma, you will not receive it until approximately 8 weeks after the order can be placed with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg School system.