Working In America

Do you need to improve your English so that you can enroll in college or find a better job?
Why not do both at the same time!  With Working in America, you can:

Who can enroll?

  • Must be at least 16 years of age and not enrolled in a public/private school
  • CMS students between 16 - 17 years of age must be withdrawn from CMS for four months before they can enroll.  Click here  for information on minors
  • Be eligible to work in the US and interested in job training
  • Have a photo ID
  • Must score at Advanced ESL levels on placement test
  • top

    How long does it take?

    The program runs from 16 - 32 weeks depending on the job training you select.  Many job training programs run 16 weeks or less.  Scholarships are available to cover tuition and books.


    How do I enroll?

    Your first step is to attend an information session to learn more about the program.  Upcoming dates are as follows:

  • Tuesday, February 26th at 11:15 AM
  • Thursday, February 28th at 11:15 AM
  • Tuesday, March 5th at 11:15 AM

  • Location:

    CPCC Central Campus, 1228 Elizabeth Ave., Charlotte, NC, Worrell Building, Room 2126
    For more information contact via email: