Area of instruction at CPCC: Writing the Personal Essay and Telling Your Story - a journal writing workshop; based on personal experiences and life's journeys.
About Me: I enjoy helping others identify an idea, work it out on paper and then ambush the reader with a powerful piece of writing. Humor, authenticity, simplicity and empathy are key aspects of the ambush.
- First place 2009 Clarion Award given by The Association for Women in Communications. There were over 500 national entries for “Magazine Regular Editorial/Opinion Column”
- 2nd place for Best Essay at 2009 GAMMA Awards (given by the Magazine Association of the Southeast)
- Honorable Mention for Best Essay at 2010 GAMMA awards
- B.A., cum laude, Duke University
Experience in your field:
- Freelance writer and editor, tutor and currently shopping a novel for publication.
- Home and garden stories for Charlotte Home + Garden; Charlotte Magazine's parent company.
- Former Editor of Charlotte Magazine.
Additional areas of interest: Nature, travel, design, art.