Area of instruction at CPCC: Writing
About me: I am excited about this opportunity to encourage new writers to learn how to write for children and adults.
- "Teaching the Story: Fiction Writing in Grades 4-6," second edition, October, 2008.
- Contributing author to Maupin House’s second edition of the Craft Plus® Writing Program, 2008
- Paul Stankard’s "Paperweight Magic” Highlights, June, 2007
- Received “Author of the Month” award and “Art Feature of the Year” award from Highlights for 2007
- "Teaching the Story: Fiction Writing in Middle School," Maupin House, 2007.
- Outstanding Service Award, Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators - Carolinas, 2005.
- "Julia’s Discovery" awarded Honorable Mention for Children’s Fiction in Writer’s Digest 1999 Writing Competition
- "Friendship Counseling," Zondervan, 1988. Translated into Chinese in 1998.
Related experience: Besides writing a book that instructs students or adults on how to write fiction, I have published dozens of articles for children and adults. I have served as the coordinator of the Charlotte Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators critique group for more than 15 years.
Additional areas of interest: I am an avid reader of young adult fiction. I review books and discuss literacy on my blog at: www.carolbaldwinblog.blogspot.com.
- SCBWI, International Reading Association