Barbara Lawing Writing Instructor
Area of instruction at CPCC: Writing classes & Storytelling
About me: For thirty years I’ve been a writing instructor for CPCC. In each class I happily anticipate adventures with a diverse group of experienced and inexperienced writers/storytellers/poets. I always eagerly look forward to sharing the knowledge I have gained with students in my sessions.
- Self-employed freelance editor
- Writing instructor at CPCC, Levine Jewish Community Center, UMAR, Wildacres Retreat Center, Florence Arts School
- Organizer/leader of Weekend Writing Retreats
- Facilitator of Freewrite Circles and classes at CPCC
- Private publisher of a small line of books for select clients
Experience in your field:
- Publications in small press journals and magazines
- Author of 117 Poems
- Editor of the anthologies, Tuesday’s Children and Monday Mornings
- Guest speaker at literary festivals, writers clubs, etc.
- Performances onstage with Perpendicular Poets and Class Five Poets
- I am a perpetual student: study poems, novels, short stories, essays – even make notes in movie theaters.
- I have published journalism, poetry and essays. I have completed a novel and I am now working toward finding it a publishing home. I have two other book manuscripts near completion.