Area of instruction at CPCC:
Writing classes such as Freelance Journalism, Writing for Women, Travel Writing, Crafting the Query, Freelance Journalism - How to Sell Everything You Write and new, Freelance Journalism: The Next Step - Ideas to Income.
Teaching at CPCC allows me to help writers achieve their dreams of being published. It’s a great feeling to have a student come to class with news of their first assignment because of the tools they’ve learned in the classroom.
- My work has been published in Shape, Women’s Health, Woman’s Day, Backpacker, American Way, AAA Living, Natural Solutions and other national magazines
- Author of "The Green Year; 365 Small Things You Can Do to Make a Big Difference"
- Co-author of "The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Green Careers"
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology from Trent University in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Experience in your field:
- In addition to my publishing credits, I have taught classes at Portland State University, Portland Community College and Clark College.
- I’ve led workshops at the American Society of Journalists and Authors’ annual conference and the Magazine Conference in Boulder, CO.
- As a professional speaker, I’ve given presentations at the Better Living Show, Charlotte Clean & Green Festival, University of Richmond, UNCC Women’s Leadership Conference and the Go Green Expo in Atlanta.
Additional areas of interest:
Outside of writing, I’m very involved with dog rescue. I have three dogs – Molly, Milo and Roxie – and continue to volunteer my efforts to help reach the goal of No More Homeless Pets.