Area of instruction at CPCC:
Writing classes such as Freelance Journalism, Writing for Women, Travel Writing, Crafting the Query, and How to Sell Everything You Write
Teaching at CPCC allows me to help writers achieve their dreams of being published. It’s a great feeling to have a student come to class with news of their first assignment because of the tools they’ve learned in the classroom.
- My work has been published in Shape, Women’s Health, Woman’s Day, Backpacker, American Way, AAA Living, Natural Solutions and other national magazines
- Author of "The Green Year; 365 Small Things You Can Do to Make a Big Difference"
- Co-author of "The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Green Careers"
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology from Trent University in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Experience in your field:
- In addition to my publishing credits, I have taught classes at Portland State University, Portland Community College and Clark College.
- I’ve led workshops at the American Society of Journalists and Authors’ annual conference and the Magazine Conference in Boulder, CO.
- As a professional speaker, I’ve given presentations at the Better Living Show, Charlotte Clean & Green Festival, University of Richmond, UNCC Women’s Leadership Conference and the Go Green Expo in Atlanta.
Additional areas of interest:
Outside of writing, I’m very involved with dog rescue. I have three dogs – Molly, Milo and Roxie – and continue to volunteer my efforts to help reach the goal of No More Homeless Pets.