Claudia M. Reynolds
Area of instruction at CPCC: The Art of Quilting
Quilting is my legacy. I have played with fabric for more than 40 years, and I still find it interesting. Texture, color and pattern all come together as an art form. Quilts give you a "hug." They comfort you. They tell stories and share history. I try to impart a sense of play and fun when working with students of any age. The patterns in quilting patchworks are puzzles that you can personalize and make your own legacy.
- Participant in the Mint Museum of Craft + Design exhibit: Quilts of the Carolinas
- Participant in the Arts in Embassies program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State
- Winner of numerous awards in local, regional and national quilt shows
- Featured in several publications to showcase my quilts
- Began quilting Instruction at CPCC in 1990.
- Artist in Residence for public and private schools, including Selwyn, Chantilly, Rama Road, Myers Park Traditional, Davidson and Dilworth Visual and Performing Arts elementary schools. Residencies supported by grants through the Cultural Education Collaborative, the Arts and Science Council, Art Teach and PTA.
- Quilting instructor in several quilt shops.
- Instructor for workshops for educators and children at the Mint Museum of Craft + Design.
- Gourmet Cooking
Affiliations and recognitions:
- Charlotte Quilters' Guild