Area of instruction at CPCC: Home Landscape Design Parts 1 and 2
About me: I enjoy sharing my expertise of landscape architecture with homeowners, showing how they can use the landscape design process and principles in their own backyard. I teach in a way that makes it easy to understand and enables them to have fun in the process.
- Bachelor of Science in Landscape Architecture from the Ohio State University in 1985
- President of the N.C. Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects - 1999-2000
- Currently a Planner for Mecklenburg County Parks and Recreation Department
Additional areas of interest: I enjoy teaching residential landscape design because each student brings a unique design challenge to the class. We learn together how to solve their design problems and enhance the outdoor environment of their home. I have taught this class for over 13 years and have had 600+ students learn how to create inviting outdoor living spaces, increasing the functional uses of their property.
- Member of the American Society of Landscape Architects
- Registered Landscape Architect in N.C. and S.C.