Area of instruction at CPCC: Stained Glass Workshop
About me: As an art student, I apprenticed under two of the leading stained glass artisans in the world and have been teaching since 1989. It’s one of my joys to share my passion for this art form with students at CPCC, where I teach wonderful students, many of whom have been with me for 12 years or more and who often produce outstanding work. The CPCC facilities and support staff are excellent and make my teaching experience very enjoyable.
I have won numerous awards for my stained glass windows in shows throughout the state and have an AA degree in textile design from the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, N.Y.
Experience in your field:
- Have done stained glass work for 25 years
- Have taught stained glass for 21 years
- Apprenticed under two of the country’s top stained glass artists on Long Island, N.Y. for six years.
- My work can be found throughout the U.S. and in a number of foreign countries
Additional areas of interest:
- Teach fusing glass (warm glass)
- Have a passion for calligraphy, which I have taught in the past.
- Enjoy painting and pen and ink work as time allows.
(Artwork courtesy of our instructors and students)
- Member in good standing of the Stained Glass Association of America
- Recognized for part-time instructor award at CPCC's annual Spring Forum - 2013