Area of instruction at CPCC: Basic drawing, painting and creative arts, acrylic collage
About me: The enjoyment I experience from teaching art classes at CPCC has always been enhanced by the strong support of the administration and by the students.
- Bachelor of Science in Textile Design from State University College at Buffalo, N.Y. in 1981
- Exhibitions of original artwork in juried group shows and individual shows
- Original artwork displayed and sold at various retailers and galleries
Experience in your field:
My extensive art career, which spans more than 25 years, has allowed me to reach out to a broad range of students. I promote the arts by facilitating a variety of creative workshops for corporate groups and individuals.
Additional areas of interest:
In addition to illustrating, I create collages. Quilling (or paper filigree), a craft that dates back to the late 1700s, is also one of my favorite creative activities.
- Charlotte Art Society
- Charity League of Charlotte
- Art Volunteer at local hospitals
- Educational Volunteer of the Year (2000) for the Shelter for Battered Women