About me: Memories of fulfillment come to mind when I think of creating art as a child. I remember feeling content and excited all at once; my art had a positive effect on me. Emotions and stories are captured in my illustrations, paintings and collages. To me, art is a reflection of people and places and knowing how much creating art contributes to my own well-being compels me to bring this opportunity to others. As a teaching artist, I provide creative programs for the workplace and individuals to enhance productivity and build self-awareness. My current mixed-media art is influenced more than ever by my experiences with students and fellow artists. As Director of Mainstream Creative, I strive to promote the therapeutic benefits of self-expression.
(Artwork courtesy of our instructors and students)
- Bachelor of Science in Textile Design from State University College at Buffalo, N.Y. in 1981
- Exhibitions of original artwork in juried group shows and individual shows
- Original artwork displayed and sold at various retailers and galleries
Experience in your field:
My extensive art career, which spans more than 25 years, has allowed me to reach out to a broad range of students. I promote the arts by facilitating a variety of creative workshops for corporate groups and individuals.
- Charlotte Art Society
- Charity League of Charlotte
- Art Volunteer at local hospitals
- Educational Volunteer of the Year (2000) for the Shelter for Battered Women
- Director of Mainstream Creative