About Me: I’m an artist, designer and educator. When I was ten, I started drawing my face in the mirror - and discovered a love of communicating through art. I’ve been drawing, designing, and painting ever since. The beauty of everyday life inspires me - whether it’s the color of a flower, an expression on a face, or an incredible sky that appears after a storm when I’m driving in my car. I’m drawn to the style of realism heightened by color and I am amazed by the beauty possible with colored pencils, pastels or paint. My goal is to preserve, share, and inspire with the beauty in everyday life - and to bring peace and healing to the viewer.
As an instructor, I’ve been teaching at the university level for over ten years and am dedicated to the success of each student to reach and exceed his or her potential. Each person’s abilities, work and success are a constant source of inspiration.
Web site: www.sherylmarx.com
- Master’s in Education with a concentration in Studio Art
- Undergraduate degree in Graphic Design with a minor in photography
- Web Design Certification
Experience in your Field:
- Current business owner, Marx Art
- Work has included twenty years’ experience in the practice of graphic design for variety of clients including Donnelly (Meredith) Printing, Disney World and small business’ in Charlotte
Additional Areas of Interest:
- Faux finishing and murals; including show homes in Charlotte
- Won numerous awards including, Best in Show
- Member Charlotte Art League
- Charlotte Art Society
- Piedmont Pastel Society