Dietary Manager Application Process
This information will help you prepare for entering the Dietary Manager Program at CPCC.
Steps to apply:
- Determine your eligibility: You must be at least 18 years old and not enrolled in high school/early college or concurrent enrollment. If you receive CPCC departmental permission to register, you must do so within 12 months.
- Schedule and take the ACCUPLACER assessment. The required score is 64 or higher in the reading section and 55 or higher in the math section. Learn more here.
- Submit email, fax or written request for approval to register to Amy Bowen at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 704.330.4639. Fax: 704.330.4641. All requests must show student ID and full contact information.
- Any student who does not take the ACCPLACER assessment may request a waiver. To do so, you must submit a college transcript showing completion of courses.All requests must show student ID and full contact information.
Plan for expenses. Because this is a non-degree program, it is not eligible for financial aid. Below is a list of typical costs.
- CPCC registration and fees approximately $600 (total for the three required classes)
- Preceptor facilities are requiring that students complete background checks, immunization documentation, 13 panel drug screening and a physical prior to starting their hours. The costs are at the student expense. Information packet can be viewed here.
- If you are currently working in the healthcare food service industry, please let us know where and who is your immediate supervisor by emailing Amy Bowen at email@example.com
- Textbooks available online at the Association of Nutrition & Foodservice Professionals website. CPCC's school code is 330201. You receive a 10% discount on your books.
Textbooks for 2013:
Nutrition Concepts and Medical Nutrition Therapy $90
Managing Foodservice and Food Safety $95
ServSafe Essentials, 6th edition with online voucher (included in price of class) (each semester)
Upon successful completion of the Dietary Manager Training Program:
The ANFP offers the CDM, CFPP credentialing exam in October. The exam is computer-based and there are 16 exam dates to choose from. Cost for the exam is $ 399.00 which is not included in the school fees.
Year-Round CDM Exam Testing Begins March 5, 2014
Beginning March 5, 2014, the Certifying Board for Dietary Managers will begin offering year-round certification testing through our new testing company, Applied Management Professionals, Inc. (AMP). Candidates will be able to register for their exam as soon as they are eligible, and are not limited by testing date windows. This offers examinees more flexible scheduling than ever before.
Be aware that fees and book prices are subject to change without notice.