Dietary Manager Application Process
This information will help you prepare for entering the Dietary Manager Program at CPCC.
Steps to apply:
- Determine your eligibility: You must be at least 18 years old and not enrolled in high school/early college or concurrent enrollment. If you receive CPCC departmental permission to register, you must do so within 12 months.
- Schedule and take the ACCUPLACER assessment. The required score is 64 or higher in the reading section and 55 or higher in the math section. Learn more here.
- Submit email, fax or written request for approval to register to Amy Bowen at email@example.com or by calling 704.330.4639. Fax: 704.330.4641. All requests must show student ID and full contact information.
- Any student who does not take the ACCPLACER assessment may request a waiver. To do so, you must submit a college transcript showing completion of courses.All requests must show student ID and full contact information.
Plan for expenses. Because this is a non-degree program, it is not eligible for financial aid. Below is a list of typical costs.
- CPCC registration and fees approximately $600 (total for the three required classes)
- Preceptor facilities are requiring that students complete background checks, immunization documentation, 13 panel drug screening and a physical prior to starting their hours. The costs are at the student expense. Information packet can be viewed here.
- If you are currently working in the healthcare food service industry, please let us know where and who is your immediate supervisor by emailing Amy Bowen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Textbooks available online at the Association of Nutrition & Foodservice Professionals website. CPCC's school code is 330201. You receive a 10% discount on your books.
Textbooks for 2013:
Nutrition Concepts and Medical Nutrition Therapy $90
Managing Foodservice and Food Safety $95
ServSafe Essentials, 6th edition with online voucher (included in price of class) (each semester)
Upon successful completion of the Dietary Manager Training Program:
- The ANFP offers the CDM, CFPP credentialing exam in March and October. The exam is computer-based and there are 16 exam dates to choose from. Cost for the exam is $ 399.00 which is not included in the school fees.
Be aware that fees and book prices are subject to change without notice.