Nutrition & Foodservice Professional Application Process
This information will help you prepare for entering the Nutrition & Foodservice Professional Program at CPCC.
Steps to apply:
- Determine your eligibility: You must be at least 18 years old and not enrolled in high school/early college or concurrent enrollment. If you receive CPCC departmental permission to register, you must do so within 12 months.
- Schedule and take the ACCUPLACER assessment. The required score is 64 or higher in the reading section and 55 or higher in the math section. Learn more here.
- Submit email, fax or written request for approval to register to Amy Bowen at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 704.330.4639. Fax: 704.330.4641. All requests must show student ID and full contact information.
- Any student who does not take the ACCPLACER assessment may request a waiver. To do so, you must submit a college transcript showing completion of courses.All requests must show student ID and full contact information.
Plan for expenses. Because this is a non-degree program, it is not eligible for financial aid. Below is a list of typical costs.
- CPCC registration, fees and textbooks: approximately $900 (total for the three required classes)
- Preceptor facilities are requiring that students complete a criminal background check, immunization documentation, 13 panel drug screening and a physical prior to starting their hours. The costs are at the student expense. Information packet can be viewed here. Notification of declination from your background checks will prevent you from entering the Nutrition & Foodservice Professional Program and the ability to work in the health care field.
- If you are currently working in the healthcare food service industry, please let us know where and who is your immediate supervisor by emailing Amy Bowen at email@example.com
- Textbooks available online at the Association of Nutrition & Foodservice Professionals at www.anfponline.org/students. CPCC's school code is 330201. You receive a 10% discount on your books.
Click here for Textbook Ordering Information
Nutrition Fundamentals and Medical Nutrition Therapy @2015
Foodservice Management - By Design @ 2015
ServSafe Essentials, 6th edition with online voucher (included in price of class) (each semester)
Upon successful completion of the Nutrition & Foodservice Professional Program:
The ANFP CDM, CFPP credentialing exam is offered on demand.. The exam is a 200 question computer-based exam. Fees are $ 399.00 which is not included in the school tuition.
Year-Round CDM Exam Testing Available in over 200 locations
Beginning March 5, 2014, the Certifying Board for Dietary Managers will begin offering year-round certification testing through our new testing company, Applied Management Professionals, Inc. (AMP). Candidates will be able to register for their exam as soon as they are eligible, and are not limited by testing date windows. This offers examinees more flexible scheduling than ever before.
Be aware that fees and book prices are subject to change without notice.